Story Circles- The Class
Life swirls around you and you feel increasingly lost, slightly disconnected. Nobody knows the real you. You are not fully, or even partially expressed.
What if you could be???
After a life of painting and artistry I lost myself. I got busy in the day to day, the here to there, the need to go, go, go. I forgot how to create, how to express. I forgot how to sit still. I forgot myself, but I knew I was still there and I craved to reconnect.
- Do you feel lost when you look in the mirror at times?
- Do you know your voice, your soul, is aching inside, waiting to come out, be heard?
- Do you crave self expression but not know quite how to find it?
I would eek out expression in cooking dinner, or coloring with the kids before bed. Maybe a yoga class late at night or early in the morning, but never full expression, never real connection. I felt I didn’t have the time, I didn’t have the space, quite frankly, I didn’t have the energy.
Maybe, just maybe, I didn’t have the guts. These were my excuses.
Through one experience then the next I found my way back to myself. I stumbled upon sacred geometry. As I began to explore it calm began to return to my body. One night I pulled out a compass, drew a circle and everything started to fall in to place.
I literally began to reconnect to myself, the creative, expressive soul inside in a way I never thought possible. This combination of simple, sacred geometry (shapes and symbols, balance and symmetry that exists in nature and the universe at large), basic knowledge of the mandala (circular drawings), and my deep artistic background opened the gates to myself in a profound way.
What if you could find healing through creative expression and connection with self, through this stunning blend of geometry, drawing and visual story telling? What if anyone could regardless of their abilities...
All of the above has brought such an extraordinary change in my life. I am so excited that I have discovered a way to share it with you, in your own space, on your own time.
Story Circles is a 4 week e-course starting February 25, 2014.
Together we will:
- examine basic principals of sacred geometry and mandalas and experience the calm these can create within you
- play with creative expression in a safe space free of judgement
- explore storytelling in a visual way. We will identify stories, express stories, illuminate stories, and create stories.
- find healing through art and soothing order in geometry.
- Reconnect to our forgotten voices with a simple 20 minutes of practice per day
You will receive:
- A daily email rich with information, video and images touching on different elements of the mandala practice and offering guided practices for your at home story circle creations.
- A pdf of templates to work off of if you don’t own a compass or have the desire to draw your own framework.
- A group q and a session with Cassia Cogger addressing any questions you have regarding the story circle process.
- Membership to a private Facebook group allowing you a safe space to share your experiences with others as well as your work if you desire.
- A pdf upon completion of the course of all lessons covered over the four week time frame allowing you to easily return to the lessons time and time again.(you won’t need to, they are so simple)
- Most importantly you will receive the skills for a simple lifelong creative practice keeping you connected to yourself and the world around you.
You will need:
- 20 minutes a day to focus on the work, anytime, anywhere. Please note, this is a great practice to do with kids or the whole family.
- Paper- any paper will do.
- Pens, pencils, crayons or paints. You will be able to make this work happen with whatever you have sitting in your junk drawer. You do not need to go out and buy special supplies.
- A straight edge, anything with a rigid edge will work. Boxes or books, a ruler is not necessary.
This class is for you if:
- You are feeling disconnected from your self, your voice, and long to reconnect to it so you can share it with others.
- You are incredibly busy and crave a simple practice for self exploration
- You are interested in storytelling in a new way
- You long for creative expression
- You don’t need to know how to do any of this, you just need to know that you want it.
This class is not for you if:
- you are looking for confusing, convoluted training to fill your days.
- you are more interested in your finished products than your process
- you love a good excuse to run to the art supply store and stock up on supplies you may never use (don’t get me wrong, you can do this... just not for this class.)
Sign Up Now! Reconnect to your voice. Share your stories. Play with creative expression. Return to your authentic self !!!
*After you add to cart and complete your transaction you will receive an automatic download of some story circle coloring pages created by me. A few days before class starts I will touch base with an invitation to our private Facebook community and other details. Class will begin officially on February 25, 2014, my birthday:)
About me, Cassia Cogger, your Story Circles Guide:
I'm a mother, a wife, a business owner, a yoga teacher, an artist. I laugh often, love to play, and use to many smiley faces when I type:)
After two young children, a few cross country moves, and some unexpected curve balls thrown by life, I somehow, for a spell, forgot the decades I spent painting. The years of study I was privileged to experience at the University of Colorado in Boulder and the Arts Students League in New York. The galleries that sold my pieces and the magazines that published my work. It all caught up with me. I felt totally disconnected and longed to return to myself.
Embarking on my return to painting led to my exploration of mandalas and it really has changed my life. I know it can change yours too.