Story Circles LOVE
Story Circles-Love is a FREE online class that introduces mandala making, self exploration and visual storytelling. In this class we express, create, PLAY!
*You do not need to be an artist to join us. The course is open and accessible to anyone with a willingness to explore.
*This one week self guided adventure will begin as soon as you sign up.
I'm Cassia and I'm so glad you are here exploring my Story Circles-LOVE offering.
Story Circles is a series of courses I have developed and guided over the past two years that focuses on mandala making, self exploration and visual storytelling. It is a class where we express, create, PLAY!
People who have taken the class always rave about it. The practices we explore have changed my life. This is good, juicy stuff!
I truly want anyone interested in exploring mandalas, creative expression, geometry or SELF to be able to have a taste of this course experience.
Story Circles LOVE is my solution. This FREE, one week, self paced course touches on a lot of what the full fledged e-course does. We will explore the mandala, sacred geometry, symbol and story. We will make a beautiful piece of art. We will learn about ourselves in the process.
I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US:)
This course will allow for beautiful mandalas, important stories and story circles to flow from each of us, but more importantly it will allow us to find the beautiful and sacred within ourselves.
You will receive: 5 emails over the course of one week rich with information, videos and images touching on different elements of creating a mandala, love symbols, and sacred geometry of the heart all leading towards your own story circle creation.
Together: We will create a beautiful Story Circle centered around the heart! We will explore basic mandala layout, sacred geometry, symbol and story. We will find healing through art making and soothing order through geometry.
You Will Need: Time. 20 minutes a day (90 minutes over the course of the week). Paper- any will do. Pens, pencils, crayons or paints. You will be able to make this work happen with whatever mark making tools you have sitting in your junk drawer. A straight edge. A compass (or circle form for tracing). A high speed internet connection for viewing the hd videos.
*Once you complete your registration you will need to confirm it via your inbox. Once you have confirmed, your course will begin.
About me, Cassia Cogger, your Story Circles Guide:
Why am I the perfect guide for you in this exploration of story circles, sacred geometry, symbol and storytelling?
- Circles set my soul to burning. By no means are they the only thing I paint, but they have held my focus and called me to paint them, sculpt them, engage with them in many ways again and again throughout my life as an artist.
- As a freshman in college I started out as an architecture major. The following year I switched from the school of environmental design to fine arts because as much as I loved the straight line and symmetry I needed the freedom to express.
- After my junior year in college I took my first trip ever East of the Mississippi. It was so far East I had to fly west to get there. I traveled to and stayed in Nepal for four months… I fell in love with and studied the history and practice of both tangka and mithali painting (all in hindsight completely related to the mandalas I now produce.)
- I am a certified yoga instructor and have explored various modes of meditation. Mandala creation now serves this purpose for me.
- I have taught in various modes (private, in person, online) for over 20 years. I LOVE to teach and have consistently received great feedback.
- The Story Circles e-course is the intersect of all of the above. Creating circles is my greatest love artistically and I would be honored to share the practice with you.
Love for this class...
"I LOVED the Story Circles course! The lessons were so much fun and really easy to do--even if you feel you can't draw. Cassia is a wonderful guide, she teaches from a place of joy that will infect your spirit in the best way. And just wait until you meet the supportive community! "- Robin Hallett
I hadn't picked up a pencil in about fifteen years when I signed up for Story Circles last year. But Story Circles isn't for artists; it's for anyone who's curious about healing intuitively. I found the exercises easy and heart-opening and I was surprised by how much my story circles revealed. The act of putting pencil to paper as part of a creative process is an amazing catalyst - it shows us what we already knew about ourselves, but had forgotten. I'm excited to circle with this group again and explore the next part of my story with Cassia.- Eithne Egan
"I suck at art. Never thought I would like it, but I took a risk and joined the course mostly because of the numerology and the geometrical beauty of the shapes. I was pleasantly surprised when I realised that I didn't have to be good at art to enjoy this process. It was meditative, fun and sometimes even therapeutic. I connected with a side of myself I didn't know I had, I worked with my hands and I took time to create. It was awesome!"- E.L.