backupStory Circles Watercolor- An Exploration In Technique
Expand Your Visual Vocabulary and Increase Your Creative Bliss
Explore and express and create. Feel BLISS in the process. Release and move, paint and play. Connect to self and the world around you, all by engaging in the creative process.
It is possible, let me show you how.
I am here to expand your vocabulary for expression! Vocabulary comes through knowing your medium, through exploring technique.
I will be your guide and support your process step by step as I share with you everything I know about working in watercolor. Together we will explore all that this beautiful medium has to offer in clear, concise daily lessons.
In addition to presenting the technical and expressive opportunities available through watercolor I will share with you the fundamental elements of Art and Design I always consider when creating.
Combining knowledge of materials and technique plus a good understanding of the elements of art and design will open up your options to creative expression in ways you never knew possible!
All exercises will occur within the framework of a sacred mandala, a Story Circle.
Story Circles Watercolor will:
- enable you to develop various skills in watercolor allowing you to work confidently in a wonderful medium.
- explore the building blocks of art and design that are applicable to creating beautiful work in any medium.
- take your finished pieces to a more polished and artistic level.
- dismiss that nagging voice in your head that says "I want to but I don't know how..."
- explore and expand on tools for mandala creation as you learn a painting technique that can be applied to any subject matter.
- connect you with creative kindreds with whomyou can share and inspire.
Story Circles is a 5 week e-course starting August 11, 2014.
Together we will:
- examine basic principals of watercolor as a medium and various ways to utilize it to express key elements and principles of design.
- play with watercolor in a safe space free of judgement.
- explore materials, paints, papers, brushes and more. everything you need to know.
- explore line, shape, form, value, color, pattern and texture as the building blocks of design.
- find healing and self connection through mandala creation.
- Reconnect to our forgotten voices with a simple 30 minutes of practice per day. The process will allow you to develop the lifelong skill of watercolor painting.
You will receive:
- An email each weekday(M-F) rich with information, video and images touching on different elements of watercolor, design elements and the mandala. Each email Monday, Wednesday and Friday will offer guided tutorials or practices for your at home exploration.
- Membership to a vibrant online group allowing you a safe space to share your experiences with others as well as your work if you desire.
- A final live group q and a session with Cassia Cogger addressing any remaining questions you have regarding watercolor.
- Most importantly you will receive the technical skills for developing expertise in a beautiful medium and a foundation in design education that can be applied in various ways. This will help to develop a simple lifelong creative practice keeping you connected to yourself and the world around you.
You will need:
- Time. 30 minutes a day or a couple of hours combined in a week. Please note the materials are available for 6 months after the start of class so you can work through the exercises at the pace best for you.
- Watercolor paper.
- 3-4 watercolor brushes.
- Watercolor paints. I will supply information regarding various watercolors well in advance to direct you in this purchase.
- A straight edge and a compass(or circle form for tracing).
- A high speed internet connection for viewing the hd videos.
This class is for you if:
You want to learn how to use watercolor in a variety of ways in a playful yet soulful environment.
You crave creative expression yet do not allow yourself the experience because you believe you are not an artist.
You love to express creatively but are often disappointed in the outcomes as you require some technical knowledge.
This class is not for you if:
you are not interested in watercolor (this is the only medium we will explore in this session)
*At least two weeks before class starts I will touch base with an invitation to our private Facebook community, a materials list and other details. Class will begin officially on August 11, 2014.
About me, Cassia Cogger, your Story Circles Watercolor Guide:
Why am I the perfect guide for you in this exploration of watercolor? It is my favorite medium. I have worked in it for as long as I have painted which is decades. By no means is it the only medium I work in, however it was my first and the one I come back to again and again.
In college when I took painting classes and I would show up with my tubes and pans of watercolor and be scoffed at by my teachers for bringing a "lesser" medium than acrylic or oil I stayed true to it.
When studying at the Art Students League I sought out the most respected instructors working in watercolor and learned from them.
I have been featured in watercolor magazine twice, once in 2006 as a rising star.
I have a lot to say about watercolor as a medium but won't bore you here...
I will just say it is my greatest love artistically and I would be honored to share it with you.
Love for my classes...
"I LOVED the Story Circles course! The lessons were so much fun and really easy to do--even if you feel you can't draw. Cassia is a wonderful guide, she teaches from a place of joy that will infect your spirit in the best way. And just wait until you meet the supportive community! "- Robin Hallett
"I suck at art. Never thought I would like it, but I took a risk and joined the course mostly because of the numerology and the geometrical beauty of the shapes. I was pleasantly surprised when I realised that I didn't have to be good at art to enjoy this process. It was meditative, fun and sometimes even therapeutic. I connected with a side of myself I didn't know I had, I worked with my hands and I took time to create. It was awesome!"- Eduardo Loria
I hadn't picked up a pencil in about fifteen years when I signed up for Story Circles last year. But Story Circles isn't for artists; it's for anyone who's curious about healing intuitively. I found the exercises easy and heart-opening and I was surprised by how much my story circles revealed. The act of putting pencil to paper as part of a creative process is an amazing catalyst - it shows us what we already knew about ourselves, but had forgotten. I'm excited to circle with this group again and explore the next part of my story with Cassia.- Eithne Egan